Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Makeover

I took a little break from my handquilting and decided to make a new ironing board cover.

My old one was looking pretty nasty. This is the little table top board that sits on the counter behind my sewing machine.

See how yucky:( All sticky with starch and threads everywhere. To be honest, I usually keep a bath towel over this mess but it looked really bad too.


I went through my fabric and found this cute print that was perfect because:

1. I had enough of it.

2. I think it's really cute.

3. It matches my room.

4. I bought it cheap at Hobby Lobby.

5. The last time that I was at Hobby Lobby, they had a whole bolt of this stuff.


TA DA!



A mini makeover! Now before ya'll get to thinking that I'm a wiz at sewing..this project was made with 100% GLUE. Yes...I used my glue gun. I'm not ashamed...who looks at the back?
I layered a piece of leftover batting and the new fabric over the board, turned it upside down, trimmed the fabric and got crazy with the glue gun! I pulled the fabric as tight as I could (the curves were kinda tough) and hot glued it down.

I love it and if I get tired of this fabric or it gets messy, it's an easy redo!



6 comments:

lillianscupboard said...

That's a wonderful idea. I think I know what my next project will be.

Kristie said...

Very nice! It looks very bright and cheery. I recovered mine a couple of weeks ago, it looked horrid!!! :)
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Great job! Love that fabric! I need to wash my cover....

Mom Walds Place said...

This came out great! You've inspired me to finally do mine that I bought fabric for two months ago.

Judi said...

Hi Libby
That looks great! The fabric is perfect for an ironing board cover and what a great idea to use hot glue. I wish I had an ironing board that sat on the table too.
have a great rest of the evening
Judi

Bren said...

I LOVE IT!!!!