Tuesday, September 20, 2011

This Is Only A Test

I have always wanted to make a doll for my daughter. My Kelsey is turning 21 in a few days so I am running out of time;)


Instead of spending my free day cleaning house, I dug out my pattern by Hillary Lang of Wee Wonderfuls. I used the Kit, Chloe and Louise pattern. I love Hillary's work and I have always wanted to make one of these dolls but have been too afraid! Mine is not as nice as the ones on Flickr but I don't hate it.



So, what do you think? Please, ignore my dumb "photo shoot" I'm iffy about the hair and one of the eyes. I am proud of the doll body! She does need a dress and some shoes! I am soooo bad at sewing any kind of garment..I am afraid that 'Little Kelsey' may have to go out in just her underthings!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I think she looks really good. I every confidence you can make a little dress for this cute little dolly. Butnif shoes are too hard, an easy fix is to paint the feet to look like shoes and use embroidery thread to stitch laces.

Kristie said...

Oh she is sooooooooo cute! I think you did a wonderful job! I'm like you things like that make me a little nervous.
Kristie

Cheryl Willis said...

great job, and btw no age is too old for a baby doll! cw

Anonymous said...

Love the doll - I can make the garments OK but am terrible at constructing the doll.