Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Playing Around

The weather here was so nice yesterday that I decided to go on another walk. Cade (and the dogs) went along. Instead of making you sit through 5 or 6 more blog posts about my walks, I will just show a picture or two when I blog. This is a picture from the pond. It was a beautiful day. We walked for an hour. Someone had to have a tick removed from a sensitive part of their body;) and, to make sure that there is no doubt that I shamelessly copy Kristie (Cowgirl Quilter) I saw her beautiful Dresden Plate Blocks that she has been making and I HAD to try it out! I had the ruler that she used already but had never used it. The Easy Dresden Tool by Darlene Zimmerman. It was pretty easy but time consuming. I used scraps to make this test block. I just laid it on some white fabric that I had folded and laying around my sewing room. I would love to make a Dresden Quilt out of 30's fabrics with a pretty yellow center!

I hope that everyone is enjoying there week! Andy has been home all day today so I have got nothing done except this post!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Your pond is so pretty! We have a pond but it is not near that big!

Love your dresden plate! I agree, they are easy but time consuming. More pressing than sewing. I think I'm up to 15 of them right now, I will stop at 20 and then try to figure out something for the center and background. I do think they are very pretty made in 30's fabrics.
Kristie

Darling Jill Quilts said...

A sensitive part? Oh no!!! Love your block!

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of seeing your pictures of your walks.

Also love the Dresden plate pattern.