Monday, January 9, 2012

Bow Tie Progress


I fell in love with the vintage bow tie quilt that Bonnie Hunter posted on her blog, this summer. Bonnie posted a tutorial and a challenge to make bow-tie blocks as Leaders/Enders. Well, the bow tie block is one of my favorite quilt blocks, and I have always wanted a cheddar quilt! So I joined in!
My favorite block (so far)
Here is my bow tie progress. I havent done my blocks as Leaders/Enders because I have been working on some hand applique. I just LOVE making these blocks! They are so quick and easy!
When I had some free time I gathered up some of my Civil War repro fabrics (and some that I just like) and got to cutting. I cut when I feel like cutting and sew when I feel like sewing. These little blocks are so satisfying to make. I love the fact that since I have a stack of squares already cut, I can just sit down and sew. I call it mindless sewing:) A great way to destress!
I am a busy Mom so it's nice that even while waiting for my son to finish brushing his teeth or while supper is cooking, I can sew up a few blocks! I hope to make enough blocks to have a lap quilt for my couch.
Now, if I can just keep Ruby out of my chair! Thanks Bonnie for the motivation!

4 comments:

MomWaldsPlace said...

It is easy to see why this is your favorite block so far! You have inspired me to get our "extra" machine up and running, so that I can have a designated place to whip up a quickie.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of using this block as a leader-ender project.

libbyquilter said...

nothing better than cheddar in a quilt. your blocks are looking great and are going to make a beautiful quilt.

:-)
libbyQ

p.s. LOVE your header~!

Sewgreen said...

as I was browsing others who are making bow tie quilts your blog came up, how is your bow tie quilt coming?