Monday, January 9, 2012

Bow Tie Progress


I fell in love with the vintage bow tie quilt that Bonnie Hunter posted on her blog, this summer. Bonnie posted a tutorial and a challenge to make bow-tie blocks as Leaders/Enders. Well, the bow tie block is one of my favorite quilt blocks, and I have always wanted a cheddar quilt! So I joined in!
My favorite block (so far)
Here is my bow tie progress. I havent done my blocks as Leaders/Enders because I have been working on some hand applique. I just LOVE making these blocks! They are so quick and easy!
When I had some free time I gathered up some of my Civil War repro fabrics (and some that I just like) and got to cutting. I cut when I feel like cutting and sew when I feel like sewing. These little blocks are so satisfying to make. I love the fact that since I have a stack of squares already cut, I can just sit down and sew. I call it mindless sewing:) A great way to destress!
I am a busy Mom so it's nice that even while waiting for my son to finish brushing his teeth or while supper is cooking, I can sew up a few blocks! I hope to make enough blocks to have a lap quilt for my couch.
Now, if I can just keep Ruby out of my chair! Thanks Bonnie for the motivation!

4 comments:

Mom Walds Place said...

It is easy to see why this is your favorite block so far! You have inspired me to get our "extra" machine up and running, so that I can have a designated place to whip up a quickie.

lillianscupboard said...

I love the idea of using this block as a leader-ender project.

libbyquilter said...

nothing better than cheddar in a quilt. your blocks are looking great and are going to make a beautiful quilt.

:-)
libbyQ

p.s. LOVE your header~!

Sewgreen said...

as I was browsing others who are making bow tie quilts your blog came up, how is your bow tie quilt coming?