Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend

This weekend I did some stitching. I stitched on about 1,000 (ok,not really) Girl Scout badges on a friend's little girl's vest. I had forgotten how stiff these little boogers are! My fingers were very sore by the time I finished.

I also spent alot of time on the computer looking at quilt blogs. There are thousands of talented and nice quilters out there! and I think that I read all of their blogs! People are so nice to share their talents and their projects, so many great tutorials and quilt-alongs. It is very hard not to start a new project after an hour (or 2) of blog reading!
Here are two blogs with projects that have caught my eye. Have you ever read Humble Quilts?
Lori makes such sweet quilts. She is doing a little quilt quilt-along.http://humblequilts.blogspot.com/2012/01/pink-lemonade-part-1.html
My laptop won't highlight (i have no idea what is wrong) anyway, I think the little quilt is darling. I had to try a block or 2:)
.

and another fun quilt along is the one happening at Jo's Country Junction.http://www.joscountryjunction.com/
She is hosting a quilt square quilt-along. I finished mine and I love it! I plan on doing a post on the square and linking to Jo's post on January 30. I also need to take some better pics!

What fun projects have you seen in blogland lately?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your projects! I remember sewing "Try-its" but I used a machine since they were so thick. Good luck with your future projects. I love the square.

MomWaldsPlace said...

After all of these years, you would have thought they would have come up with a better way to do those badges.

I can't wait to start quilting again. Your log cabin looks great!

antique quilter said...

Love your quilt square and the dish is beautiful too!
oh I remember the days of sewing on those badges, not fun! I used to just use the machine
after doing about 5 by hand.
Kathie

Kristie said...

You poor thing, I pity you, I know those things are horrible to stitch. I hate doing stuff like that.

I read both of those blogs, they are wonderful!!! I do agree, there are sooooo many wonderful quilters out there. So much inspiration.
Kristie