Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

We finally got a good snow day here! They cancelled school for Friday but the snow did'nt start till around 1pm. We got a beautiful almost 3 inches!! The boys got out the 4-wheelers and sleds and had a wonderful time! I only went out a couple of times. I stayed busy washing their wet clothes, mopping up the snow from the floor and looking for the match to their gloves!!!

I did the Book Fair all week and it about wore me out!! I missed being at home. It really made me appreciate being able to be a stay-at-home Mom! My hat is off to all the Mom's who work a job then come home and have to do all the cleaning and supper and any after school activities!!! Whew! We have Winter Break all this week and I will be glad to be able to (kinda) get the house in order. I also plan on finishing up the purple baby quilt.

Every evening I have been practicing my hand embroidery in the t.v. room with Andy. We have been watching the Olympics. I usually sew in my sewing room so this has been a nice change. The embroidery is so relaxing, a perfect end to a busy day!!

Today is Valentine's Day and my Sweetheart is at the Fire Dept. We exchanged gifts yesterday. I hinted to Kelsey some ideas and she passed them on! I got a dvd that I have always wanted. "The Other Boleyn Girl" I read the book and loved it. Believe me, nobody around here would want to watch it but me, so I will take a day when noone is here and enjoy it! I also got a Barnes and Noble gift card and some very good chocolates!! We will go to church, then to my grandmother's birthday party. That will be fun, I love her and my Sister will be there from Alabama!! I am making the boys (and mine) favorite for supper. Spaghetti!

I am glad to be back blogging! I have missed it! I need to catch up on my blog reading!

Have a Wonderful Valentine's Day!

Libby

4 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Yeah!! A post from Libby! It was fun catching up with you! 3 inches!! That is alot for you guys. We are still hip deep in snow here. I can't wait for Spring!!
Happy Valentines Day....are you buying a new quilting book with that gift card??? I want to get the Prairie Children and Their Quilts book and do all the quilts in it (they are all minis) and make a wall of them in my house.

Michelle said...

Happy snow! I hope it all stays at your house! LOL! We're tired of it!

Darlene said...

Hi Libby,

Happy snow day to you!!! I just think it is beautiful! How neat to have a winter break...hope you and your family enjoy it.

Hope you have a great Valentine's Day.♥

Judi said...

Good Morning Libby
It sounds like you had a very nice Valentines planned and although hubby was working you were able to spend special time together earlier. Your got some lovely gifts too.
That wet snow stuff sure can keep one busy. I remember those days of having to find new dry mitts and drying out wet ones over the heater...*s*..with my guys. I'm glad you all enjoyed it.
We continue to be lucky and not have our usual winter weather. Spring is around the corner!!
have a lovely day
Judi