Saturday, December 11, 2010

Quilting Pajama Party 2010

Today I went to my sewing class. It was lots of fun. We got to the shop at 7am, all in our pajamas. The quilt shop had made a very nice breakfast for us. Plus COFFEE!! We had our class and in between we played games (for quilty prizes) shopped, talked and ate! The quilt shop had made all of us these labels for our quilts and we all signed them. It says 2010 because they are going to do this again. I would love to attend this class again. They also gave us goody bags with bubble bath, a coaster, little sewing kit, bath scrunchy and lotion!

The project was an applique Sunbonnet Sue. Sue is in her pajamas with her fuzzy slippers and her hair in a towel. They had a little wall hanging with 4 Sue blocks, sashing and 2 borders. I wish I had taken a picture!! They had one with pink quilt with pastels and one quilt with Sue in animal striped p.j's. Here are the 2 that I made. These are fused on but not appliqued.


I did a little shopping. How cute is this Dog fabric? It is called "Hot Dogs" by Hoffman. It made me think of Jill and her sweet pups.


This was my first time using this applique pressing sheet. Have you seen these? I dont do much applique but I really enjoyed this! You could get all your pieces fused together then peel it of and apply to your background!

I"m very glad that I went to this class. Everyone was really sweet. I had to get up at 5am, shower and out the door! I still have on my pj's so I may have to take a nap!!

4 comments:

Regina said...

Love the blocks -the towel is just too cute -and the dog fabric is wonderful!!! So glad you had a great time!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Love the blocks! And that fabric is adorable! Someone sent me a cut of it on black background, but I haven't posted about it yet. It's too cute!

barncat (Lisa) said...

That does sound like fun (except the 5am part!). Such cute blocks!

Val said...

Now this looks like a lot of fun!!! I love p.j.'s like some women like shoes!!! Love your projects! We have a family Pajama Christmas party! It is lots of fun. We eat and open gifts. I could imagine how fun it would be to go to a quilting class and do this! Fun!