Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Make, I Use

I thought I would show 2 projects that I have made that I use all the time. I love the homey feeling of making something for my home that is pretty and useful!


The first item is The Jane Market Bag
This cool pattern is from one of my all time favorite blogs Posie Gets Cozy.

I am not a sewing wizard and this bag was easy for me to make!

I LOVE it. I use it to carry groceries, sewing stuff and I use it for a pool bag! It's a fun, easy project. The bag uses some of your stash and would make a cute gift. I know I will be making more of these bags!



My second project is a cute apron that I made a few years ago. I was working at a quilt shop and we got this book into the shop. Retro Aprons by Cindy Taylor Oates

It is an awesome book and the apron patterns are darling. I made this apron out of Katie Jump Rope fabric. I wear this apron everyday while making supper. I also made a cute "CowGirl" apron for the shop to show of some Western fabric that was in the shop. I need to find it and take a picture.


I am happy to share these projects with you. Have a great day!

3 comments:

MomWaldsPlace said...

It looks like you're pretty good at sewing from here!

Anonymous said...

Both projects are so cute. I love aprons - I always wear one when I'm cooking. Yours is especially great.

Kristie said...

Those are really nice! First off, you can't have too many bags/totes. I really need to make more, the ones that I have look bad.

I "LOVE" that apron. I need to start wearing one when I cook and clean, I guess that is why my shirts always get stained on the belly of them. I probably need to make a few aprons too. Of course I would have to make extra long strings to tie around my big gut! LOL!
Kristie