Monday, December 26, 2011

Remember Me?

Whew! I doubt anyone is still reading (or waiting) on my blog posts but here I am! Time has just gone by soooo fast and I feel like I'm barely hanging on. In October, I was approached with a job offer to take appointments (from home) for a Santa's Workshop and Photo Studio. Well, it turned out to be waaaaayy more involved then I was led to believe. Long story short, I have been very busy, very stressed and away from my home and family the past 2 months. I did meet some great families, make some money and I got to see the magic of Christmas through childrens eyes everyday. I enjoyed most of it and hated alot of it!
Anywho...Santa's busy season is over so today I made myself just go in my sad, lonely and cold sewing room and just sew..something..anything. I havent sewn in so long! I have been reading blogs and seeing the cute things people are working on. I have had major sewing and fabric envy! Today I just worked on some of these little cheddar bow tie blocks. I am using Bonnie Hunters tutorial for these. Have you been watching Bonnie's Orca Bay Mystery that is going on? I have and have printed out the clues. Looks like a fun quilt. I hope to put these bow ties together for a nice lap quilt for my living room....someday:)
My sweet Kelsey has been home from college and has been so helpful to me. When she wasnt working at Old Navy, she has been home to watch Cade, take him to karate, she did alot of my Christmas shopping and baked some of our favorite holiday treats and did more than her share of housework. I am so thankful for that girl! She also crocheted this blanket for her Dad.
Thanks for still reading my blog! We are headed up for a night of pizza and Krispy Kreme doughnuts! I will be back!

4 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Oh, I'm glad to see you back online!! I hope that you have learned how to say NO now! lol

Glad to have you back!

Regina said...

:-) Sounds like it was a crazy few months - hope you can ease back into your sewing room and slow down for a while!!!

Cheryl Willis said...

glad you are back, a lot of us have been hit and miss the past couple of months.

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for you, hoping everything was well. Glad to see you blogging again.