Monday, February 1, 2010

Pillow Cases

I love the way my pillow cases turned out! I really hope that Kelsey likes them! Not only are they a special gift but I had so much fun making them! I also learned so much! Both patterns are from BigB! be mine pack. I used plain old white pillow cases that I bought at Walmart. I had to go to Joann's yesterday so I picked up two different trims for them.

My comforter looks dirty but it is really a cream color! Cream colored with alot of cat hair!




This is what my sewing room looked like last night! I can't believe that I made this big a mess just doing some embroidery!



Today, I have all my running around to do. We have a busy week with the book fair starting up and 2 birthday parties to go to. Also, a young lady from church asked if I would make a baby quilt for her to give to a friend of hers who had a baby girl. This will be a very quick quilt. She asked for it to be purple and girly. I didnt have any yardage of purple fabric so I had to go shopping. Sigh, such a chore! Anyway, I picked out a pretty purple floral but Andy says it isnt babyish enough. I will take some pictures of it and you can let me know what you think!

Have a great day and thanks for reading!

Libby

5 comments:

Darlene said...

The pillow cases turned out GREAT!! You did a wonderful job on them and I know your daughter will enjoy her embroidered cases. Hope you have a great day.♥

Winona said...

Libby, those pillow cases are beautiful. You did a great job on them. I know your daughter will love them. You should see my sewing area after any project. Goodness, I am so messy. Of course having 2 cats fight over my cutting table doesn't help. LOL Have a good day. It is lightly snowing here. Winona

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

It's a shame you don't see more of this kind of handiwork and so often when you do the family has re-gifted the items to a thrift store...BOOOOOO!!!

Judi said...

Hi Libby
OH my I have been wanting to try my hand at pillowcases. I'm still not sure where you got the pattern? I know where to get the pillowcases now...are they cotton or does it matter?
Lovely lovely job..
thank you for the inspiration
Judi

come by and visit I'm having a Giveaway this week...check my Sidebar.

Kelly said...

Libby, I love love love those pillowcases! Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving me some comments! I'm putting your blog into Google Reader - seems like you like many of the same things I do. Again, the pillowcases are gorgeous! The embroidery is fab, and the trim is a very nice touch. Now I'm wondering if I should add some onto some of my pillowcases.... :)