Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hurry Hurry!

I have not posted since the Friday Night Sew in! I am still quilting the baby quilt!! I finished quilting the body of the quilt a few days ago. It went fast because I just did simple quilting on the blocks but then, because I need my head examined, I started doing a cross-hatch in the borders. Not that close, only 2 inches, but it is taking FOREVER!! It is taking me longer to quilt the borders than it did to make the whole quilt!! I really want to hurry and finish this quilt so that I can make Kelsey's pillow cases! I am ready to get it done and out of my sewing room! I am sure that when I'm done with it and it comes out of the dryer all wrinkly and sweet, I will like it again! I also need to get it out of here before Kelsey comes home and sees it because she is still ticked off that I'm making it, now she has decided that I should save it for her! HA! I'm sure that she is kidding around, believe me, she has plenty of quilts! She has 2 with her at school and 3 more in her room here at home!

I have been looking for a new iron for awhile. We used this kind at the quilt shop and I have wanted one but kept putting it off. The kids wanted to get me one for Christmas but I talked them into getting me a picture frame that I wanted instead. Well, my sweet husband had to go to Brandsmart USA for work stuff and bought me this iron while he was there! I love it!


Now, I have to go make a chicken lasagna for supper. I am making it early so that I can just pop it in the oven after karate.

Have a great day and thanks so much for reading!

Libby

2 comments:

Darlene said...

How funny I figured you would be through with the baby quilt and on to your next project by now. I know it is going to be BEAUTIFUL with that extra cross-hatching love thrown in!

Isn't it nice to have a new iron that you wanted. I'm sure you love it.

Chicken lasagna...YUM...recipe????

Marie said...

I love your new iron...I think it's time for me to save for one...mine is from 10 yrs ago in the Marines and it takes a while to get hot. Can't wait to see your finished quilt...I love all the wrinkly goodness when pulling it out of the dryer too!