Sunday, January 3, 2010

Walking in Sunshine!

I actually got out and walked Saturday! It was a beautiful sunny day. But, at 11:00 it was still 26% outside. Now, that might not be cold to some of ya'll but it was to me! I didnt let that stop me though! Thank the Good Lord that we live way back in the woods and none of my children were interested enough to get a camera! I looked a mess! Picture this (unless you have a weak stomach) I was wearing some old faded walking pants (atleast 2 sizes too small) an awlful looking jog bra (again way too small) over the bra I wore one of Andy's old thermal shirts (atleast it fit) I have a huge bright green coat that I wore and a raggedy old black stocking cap that smells like my son's four-wheeler! When I stepped outside the dogs barked at me! Lucky for me, my walking "track" is the pasture behind my house, the kids have rode 4-wheelers on it so much there is a nice beaten down trail to walk on, AND it is very private! Which is a very good thing because I had to take a quick bathroom break!!! Like I said, it was a very pretty day and once I started moving I warmed up pretty fast! I walked for about 45 minutes. I had to stop a few times because I don't know how to use my "new" ipod. Kelsey got a new one for Christmas so she gave me her old one...I probably should have stuck with my trusty old simple one.

I was proud that I got out and did my thing. I had housework that needed doing and a quilt that needs to be put together. I am glad that I was able to drop those things and do something for myself! Though I did spend sometime thinking about what all needed to be done! I don't know if I will walk Sunday or not, we stay so busy on Sundays, plus Andy is at the Fire Dept. and it is my son Joey's 18 birthday! I really need to work at get faster because my little old dog Brick walked in front of me most of the time, I couldnt pass him, so I had a wonderful view of his little behind the whole time!!
Have a WONDERFUL day! and Thanks for reading!
Libby

2 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I love to just "drop" everything and get out....glad you had the chance!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

Kristie said...

Good for you!!! I really need to get my butt out walking too! Don't feel bad, you should see how I dress on a daily basis! hehehehe! There is no one around here at all, giggle, I could go out naked and nobody would see me, but then again, I might scare the horses! :)
Kristie