Sunday, April 18, 2010

Me and Trisha

I thought that I would show ya'll the little gift my sweet husband got for me while I was recovering from my surgery. He knows that I am a huge Trisha Yearwood fan. She is a Georgia girl. I like her music. I think that she is beautiful and let's face it, she is not sick skinny!! She has an exercise regime but she loves to cook and enjoys good old southern food! I have always loved hearing about her relationship with her parents and sister. I bought her first cookbook "Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen" a couple of years ago. I love it..lots of good recipes, famliy stories and pictures! I use her recipes for cabbage and squash. When I found out that she had a new cookbook coming out, I knew that I would want to buy it. It came out the day after I got home from the hospital and Andy went and got it to surprise me. So sweet! The new book is "Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood" Like the first book it contains recipes from her Mom and Sister and this one has other recipes from family and friends. (and Garth Brooks) I havent cooked anything from it but I will! It is as lovely as the first book!

I will be at the library this week. Sherry has had to miss the past few weeks. She has had complications from the radiation. She says she is feeling better and hopes to work tomorrow! It will be good to see her sweet smiling face!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!
Libby

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That hubby of yours is pretty sweet! I hope you are feeling all better. Have a great, great week!

Darlene said...

Hi Libby,

Your hubby is great to get you that cookbook! I have seen several of her recipes in the magazines I get (promoting the cookbook) and they look simple and good. Let us know when you try them.

Hope you are enjoying your day.♥