Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a busy weekend around here! All last week the students in our county had CRCT testing. It is a set of tests that have to be passed to pass 3rd, 5th and 8th grades. It is a long stressful week for students and teachers. Our school celebrated the test being over on Friday Night. We did a "Movie on the Lawn" we also had a concession stand. The kids loved it. It was alot of work and made for a long day. I think we left there at around 10:30 pm. That is very late for me! I had "volunteered" Andy to work too! He had to mark off the lawn with stakes and ties. He got sunburned on his neck. I am sure that he was thanking me while sweat was rolling in his eyes!

Saturday, Kelsey (and her laundry) came home for the day. We had terrible storms but we all enjoyed a nice lunch out and a little shopping.

Sunday, we had church, then we went out. We are looking for some new living room furniture. I dont know how we ended up at Joann's but we did!! Maybe because Toys R Us is next door to it and Cade had been wanting to go there and "look around" The picture above is of the fabric I bought. (but didnt need)
It was a nice weekend but now, I need to clean up around here and buy some groceries!!
Hope everyone had a Great weekend!
Libby

2 comments:

Darlene said...

It does sound like a stressful week for the kids. Ours had their tests the week before last. It is called OCCT (Oklahoma Core Curriculum Testing). Lexi was CERTAINLY glad when it was over. How fun to have a movie on the lawn party.

Your fabric looks CUTE. I have been cleaning away this morning and doing laundry. I better get back to it before my mojo leaves me!!

Have a great day.♥

Winona said...

Libby, glad the testing is over for another year. I love the fabric you bought. I was in JoAnn's this weekend too, but came home without buying anything in there. My dh was in shock. LOL Have a good day. Winona