Monday, September 19, 2011

Over the Weekend

I did participate in Friday Night Sew In. I just didnt blog about it! I prepped some more of the applique blocks that I have been doing. I fell in love with Amanda Jean's quilt!. I worked on my applique at Saturday Sewing at our church. This is what I have so far. I am just placing them on my design wall as I go...probably not my final design.


I also wanted to show this DARLING piece of calico fabric that my sweet friend Terri gave to me. Terri had it with her at Sat, Sewing and I fell in love with it. She had bought it at a yard sale of someone that was selling their elderly Mom's stash. I asked Terri for a scrap of it (I did think about stealing it) and she gave me the whole piece!! It is 9 1/2 inches wide and almost 3 yards long. I plan on cutting some for my applique blocks! I wish you could see it in person..it is so sweet with the little robin's egg blue flowers and the pink!! Love it!




Ok. I have to get on the ball today! Catching up for the weekend. We drove down to see Kelsey and had so much fun!! We saw her room, walked around the beautiful campus, ate Chinese food and fro-yo;) We also did a little shopping! and Good Momma here forgot her camera:)


So now I have to do some cleaning and run to the grocery store:( Cade has karate testing tonight..his last test before he starts his Black Belt training!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh my...where to start? I am really loving your blocks! What size are you planning on making this one?

I love that fabric too! Something about calicos that take me back to days spent with my grandmother. They just seem so old-fashioned and I love that about them.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with Kelsey. It is so hard when we miss them so much.
Kristie

MomWaldsPlace said...

This is looking so wonderful! I hve been saving the kitty fabric you gave me for just the perfect thing, and I think a quilt like this might be it.

I finally did the button on the panties story today at my place. Your email has been in my box this entire time to remind me!

Anonymous said...

The applique blocks are so great and isn't it nice to have someone give you something that you love so much.

kristyne said...

LOVE this quilt! And too funny, my 8 & 10 year old daughters just started Karate a few weeks ago. (Little white belts!)