Thursday, November 12, 2009

Friday!



My daughter is coming home for the weekend. She goes to college about 2 hours from here in Macon Ga. This is her first year at college. I knew that the day would come when she would go away to school but it seemed to happen so, so fast! I'm so thankful to my husband that I was able to stay at home with her and the boys. I know that it wasnt easy for him. Anyway, Kelsey has been homesick this week so it will be great to have her home! She has already planned what she wants to eat!


I made a fast run to Joann's and got some flannel. I would like to make Cade some winter p.j.'s but I'm pretty bad at sewing clothes. I love to sew and always wanted to sew clothes for my kids but I was so bad at it! I tried my hand at quilting and it was LOVE!! Something clicked and I was pretty good at it! I still have the desire to sew other little things, pj's, pillow cases, jumpers for my niece,etc. but when I'm working on those things I always wish I was just quilting!! I'm not good at sewing garments so it takes the fun out of it for me. Maybe I should stick to what I'm good at. I do make a nice pillow case!

Back to the flannel. The red has little trees on it and the green has little snowmen on it. He will probably say that the snowmen are too babyish. The candy is for me!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

We have a lot in common! :) I am very close to my kids too and so glad that I have been able to stay home with them. I can't sew clothes either! :) I tease that if it doesn't lay flat, then I can't sew it! Hubby likes those welder hats, I've made a few of them but they make me soooooo nervous to do them.

Can't wait to see the pants and enjoy the weekend with your daughter!
Kristie