Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to School

We had an amazing Thanksgiving week! Our little house was full! Cade had atleast 1 cousin spend the night every night! I think the boys stayed up til 3 am playing and watching movies! It was loud and my house is still littered with Nerf "bullets" but alot of fun! Kelsey went back to college Sunday afternoon. She probably missed the peace and quiet of her dorm!




Thanksgiving Day was spent at my MIL's. She lives about 15-20 minutes from us. Andy has a large family and everybody shows up! There is always a large crowd! 2 of his brothers are Preachers, 1 locally and 1 lives about 3 hours away, so they always invite people who don't have anyone to spend the holidays with! Before we eat, we all gather in the den, make a huge circle, join hands and each person tells what they are thankful for! With 2 preachers and 13 grandkids it gets long winded!!:) MIL makes most of the food. We DIL's bring a dish or 2. I brought strawberry salad and 2 broccoli casseroles. After the feast, they all go out and play football in the yard. They women sit around and talk! Later, we drag out the leftovers and eat again!




Our Thanksgivings are pretty special to me. My kids take them for granted, but for me, a girl who grew up in a house where nobody ever said a blessing over the meal (or any meal) or ever said that they were thankful for anything...it means so much to me, to have my kids see how important family and being thankful for each other really is!!



Ruby is thankful that the Georgia Bulldogs beat Georgia Tech!!

2 comments:

Darlene said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a lot of people. That is so nice that people are invited that have no-one to spend Thanksgiving with. I remember when our fist few Thanksgivings were in the military and we had our meals with all of the other young military couples and single men and women....it meant so much. Now I am definitely thankful to have my family be able to be here. I did have to crack up when Lexi said the prayer and said that she hoped the "chicken" was good....lol. We corrected her to turkey and it definitely WAS good!!!!

~Bren~ said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds just wonderful!!!