Monday, November 16, 2009

MIL Quilt

I thought that I would show one of my favorite quilts. These beautiful Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam blocks were made by my precious mother-in-law. She is so talented at everything! How would you like to have her as a mother-in-law?? She really is sweet! She just happens to be a great cook, a great house-keeper, great seamstress, a wonderful Mom, the BEST Nanny, etc!!


She was nice enough to give me these blocks to make a quilt! I sashed them and hand-quilted it. The whole time that I was quilting this, I thought of what a special quilt that this would be. It just gives me thoughts of how it always has been for people who sew or have other talents that are passed down. Talents and sweet items passed down to other generations! I know that one day my daughter or maybe a grandchild will LOVE this quilt because of the LOVE that went into it!
You can click on the top photo to see more of her blocks! Have a great day! Thanks so much for stopping by! Libby


3 comments:

Darlene said...

Your MIL sounds delightful and I definitely clicked on the picture to see the quilt close up. Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I have a VERY, VERY old Sunbonnet Sue quilt that I absolutely LOVE. It is not used because I am worried it is just going to fall apart, but I look at it at lot! I don't know what the deal is with quilts and me but I just LOVE them!

Sherri said...

Beautiful blocks! My mother-in-law stitched me some dish towels ... she really wants me to use them...but I think I'm going to put them in a quilt somehow!

Kristie said...

Very pretty! So nice of her to give you the blocks. That quilt will have alot of meaning for your family.
Kristie