Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Babies

Someone at Cade's school asked me about having my kids so far apart, so I thought I would write about it. Andy and I were married in 1989, we had only been back from the honeymoon for about 2-3 weeks (we went to the mountains and got snowed in) when I found out thet I was pregnant with Kelsey. When Kelsey was 6 months old, I found out that I was pregnant with Joey! I was so embarrassed and worried! We had both been working 2 jobs. After I had Kelsey I quit my jobs to stay home with her. Andy was working 2 sometimes 3 jobs and we were barely making ends meet. Kelsey was 15 months old when Joey was born! I was alone alot and really had no idea what I was doing with 2 babies! We all survived but I always felt like both of my babies grew up so fast. I always wanted another baby but was told by the Doctor to just enjoy the 2 that I had!!

We were very surprised to find out that I was pregnant again! Joey was 8 and Kelsey was 9. They were in school and I had started teaching Pre-k! The kids werent too happy at first but they got excitied! We all went to the ultrasound and found out that the baby was a boy! I had always liked the name Cade. I got it from the book "Gone With The Wind" Like a good southern girl, I had read that book over and over again. Cade Calvert is a character in the book but not the movie. Anyway, we all loved the name! Cade has been such a blessing to all of us! The big kids loved having a baby around! When the older 2 were being grumpy teens it was so nice having a sweet little guy around! He is very, very spoiled. I blame my husband!

I never thought that I could love anybody like I love these 3 Goobers!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Very nice looking family! Of course, I just love "Gone With The Wind" too! :) My kids have several years difference in them too, I have to tell you the story later! :)
Kristie

Darlene said...

Hi Libby,

Thanks for stopping by....it is always fun to meet a new blogging friend!

I LOVE your story of the children. I bet you DID have your hands full with two babies that close together. Sounds like Cade was a great blessing to your family. My (only sibling) brother and I are 13 years apart and from the same parents. That is quite a stretch!!!!