Monday, November 9, 2009

Rainy Tuesday





We are supposed to get some very rainy and windy weather here today. Lucky me! Tonight we are having a fund raiser for Cade's school at Chick-fil-A, it's my night to stand around and keep count of what teacher has the most students there! I don't think we will have a big turn out, if the weather gets too bad. The recent flooding in Atlanta has everyone a little spooked!










I got a few more of my nine patches done, but I'm not ready to take pictures of it yet. I found some pictures of a quilt that I did a few years ago for our church's craft auction. It is called Glittering Stars. The pattern is from a GREAT book called "Prairie Quilts" by Johanna Wilson. It is full of projects inspired by the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder. I hand quilted it and added to prairie points to the pattern! I fell in love with the block and would love to make one in red, white and blue for myself. This one was sold at the craft auction. I was so proud to make some big money for my church, but, I hated to see that quilt go!! Enjoy the Day! Libby

2 comments:

Sherri said...

What a wonderful quilt! I love the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and will have that quilt book you mentioned on my list of books!

Kristie said...

Wow! That is such a beautiful quilt and I just love the hand quilting that you did. I have wanted that book for a long time. I could watch Little House On The Prairie all day long. Most of the shows now days on tv are not worth watching.
Kristie